Skip to main content

Tasty Tuesday

Hello everyone, we hope your week is off to a good start. Today on Tasty Tuesday we are sharing a yummy crock pot meal. There is nothing better in the middle of the week than to have a warm, no-mess dinner waiting for you at the end of the day.


Today's recipe is brought to you by Skye from First Time Mama - First Time Blogger. You've got to head over and meet her. You'll swoon when you see her adorable baby!

Crockpot Portuguese Chicken

Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours
Total Time: 8 hours, 20 minutes

Ingredients:
· 1/2 lb. chorizo sausage, chopped
· 2 onions, chopped
· 4 cloves garlic, chopped
· 2-1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs (I use Chicken breasts instead)
· 2 (14 oz) cans diced tomatoes with roasted garlic
· 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves
· 1/4 tsp. pepper
· 6 oz. can tomato paste
· 14 oz. can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
· 4 oz. can sliced black olives, drained ( I use Spanish olives)

Preparation:
Combine all ingredients except artichokes and olives in 4 quart crockpot; mix well. Cover and cook on LOW for 7-9 hours until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Stir in artichoke hearts and olives and cook on LOW for 10-15 minutes longer. Serve over hot cooked rice or couscous. Serves 6

Also for our Garlic Lovers we wanted to share a few tips that our lovely Jo from Jo's Health Corner has graciously taken the time to share:

-Press a couple of cloves in your hand held garlic press, mix it with 
some olive oil, add some spices like herbs de provence, pepper, or 
whatever else I like. Stir it around and sprinkle it over cut up 
potatoes and/or vegetables and mix it well. Roast it in the oven 
until it is done. It smells heavenly while you wait, hm, that is if 
you like garlic of course.

- Another thing is to chop garlic in a small tiny little 
blender that I use for making salsa. I mix it with cut up onions and 
fry it until soft in a frying pan. I use this mixture for spaghetti 
sauce, soups, stews, sometimes gravy, and in anything I can think of. 
You can also use the handheld garlic press and add the garlic to a 
sauce as well. It is more potent when you use the garlic press so you 
want to use a lot less..

- I chop garlic and mix it with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, add a 
couple of spoons of Dijon mustard and shake it all up. I use this as 
a marinade for meat, salad dressing, for my cole slaw (on times when 
I choose not to add mayo, which I do also)..It gets pretty potent 
with the garlic, but we like it, and it helps to keep us healthy 
during the flu season...( let me know if you want exact measurement)

- Another thing that we do is to roast garlic in the oven. Preheat 
oven to 400 degrees. Take whole garlic bulbs/bulb and place it on 
the counter on its side. The flat end of the garlic should be facing 
the hand that is holding it. Cut the pointed end off so that the 
flesh is exposed evenly.. Arrange the bulb/bulbs evenly  in a shallow 
baking dish. Drizzle little oil evenly over each bulb. Top with 
pepper and salt (if using). Bake uncovered for  approax. 25 minutes 
or until soft and golden brown. Remove from the oven and turn cooked 
bulbs over flesh side down in dish for 10 minutes, to absorb the oil.

Doesn't that sound delish? I can't wait to give that a try. So as usual, please feel free to link up even if your post isn't about food. If you are new you can find out more about this community by clicking here. If you would like to be featured on Tasty Tuesday, please send us an email or leave a comment below.

Happy hopping friends, we hope your day is yummy!


fortheloveofblogs




Comments

b. lee said…
grill in summer -- crockpot in winter is our game * we just had Turkey Chili last night * the recipe above looks crazy tasty! I was sold at artichoke & olives -- fresh garlic tips too! thanx for sharin' * *
Branson said…
This chicken looks awesome! Definitely going to try this! Thanks!
Alida Sharp said…
I love crockpot meals... gotta give this one a try!
Anonymous said…
That sounds yummy. I'm a huge fan of crockpot cooking. The house smells so good when I come home from work.
Yes! I'm in love with my crockpot. I'd make love to it if I could. Well if I could and still be a respected person in society.
Crystal said…
Oh man! I love crockpot meals...the best after a cold day!!
Oh, I just love garlic! :) Being pescetarian, I'd probably just make this with vegetables and lots of potatoes.
Kari said…
Oooo...sounds delish. Yeah, now that I don't have a bbsitter, i need to use my slow cooker more. Thanks!
Hayley said…
Just saw your post on 20sb and deicded to come over! Really great blog and ideas! I have just started a little life and style bloggie if you want to check it out! Maybe ill join into one of these blog hops this week!!

Hayley
http://theweekendfile.blogspot.com/
Kim said…
They say great minds think alike...I also posted a slow cooker recipe! Stay warm~
Kim
http://sugarcreekcottage.blogspot.com/
jo said…
Thanks for sharing my garlic tips! You guys rock!
I have to give this crockpot recipe a try. Wow, there are some great recipes linked up today. I can't wait to visit them.
Missy said…
I just recently fell in love with my crock pot, so the first recipe is just for me! :)
Haley said…
That portuguese chicken sounds divine! I love finding new tried & true crockpot recipes :) And thanks for letting me link up!
Anonymous said…
I've been looking for a tasty new slowcooker recipe!! Thanks :)
Unknown said…
I'm always on the lookout for new crockpot recipes...Thanks:)
Anonymous said…
Guess who's going to the grocery store for these ingredients tomorrow! Just in time for the big snowstorm too. YUMMY!
Yummy, these recipes look fantastic!!!!
Joana said…
Hi!

i´m Portuguese and didn´t know about this recipe...but it looks so good :D
Rachel said…
This recipe sounds awesome! Im making it tomorrow for when my husband comes back from out of town! PS- how do I join your site?

Popular posts from this blog

Hello! I'm still alive. How's everyone?!

hi my lovely bloggers! how are you!? I hope you're following on twitter , so that I can re-tweet your blog posts! in the meantime, i'm working on something new......stay tuned and get ready for a nice new blog community site here! xoxo

New Website : come say Hi!

I think the last time we posted we said we were working on some things and left y'all hanging.....sorry! I bet you are all doing well, still blogging and I'm definitely interested in hearing from you. With so many working mama's, from home to side hustles, I decided that I would make coffee addict mama somewhat similar to FTLOB! If you're free to come check it out, comment and say HI! I'd love to pick up from where we left off. XOXO

Sign The Pledge

Good Afternoon Lovely Members! Over one hundred of you Signed The Pledge and We Think that is spectacular. The page is filled with amazing blog lovers who deserve to be checked out. Go to this page to read these comments on signing the pledge and know that these people take pride in their blogs- they are so deserving of your love. In an effort to keep this going and make a difference here in blog land, we are bringing the pledge to this page so the comments don't get too overwhelming. We would recommend checking everyone out who signs because they have the same goals and etiquette as we do. So as far as being true to yourselves, your blogs and your friends, we know that these are the blogs we can go to for authenticity. For those that already signed, you don't have to sign here-Now for all of you new members who have yet to sign, here it is: I solemnly swear to participate in as many hops and features here at FTLOB to grow my blogging experience but ultimately to gain a