Skip to main content

Featured Blog: 365 Degrees

My little space in the blogosphere is parked at (365) Degrees.

My name is Darcy. I grew up in Fargo, North Dakota. This is me and my 'I'm a serious blogger' face.
At age 18, I left Fargo because it was freezing and because I could. I moved to Phoenix. Because it was warm. Then, I did the usual things: college, friends, and European travel. I graduated with high marks and high dreams for my chosen field: writing. About that same time, I met a handsome young man named David. He became my boyfriend.
As my twenties meandered by, I chased after my hopes and dreams. I worked as a freelance writer. I worked as a features editor for a fancy local magazine. I edited advertising and marketing pieces for local Whos. I attended art gallery openings and learned about good pinot noir. Then, in 2008, I got 'Laid Off.' As the magazine industry tanked, so did my paid work. So did my salaried job at The Glossy Magazine.

My self-esteem, limping, went home to lick its wounds. I began to question everything: why I did this or that or 'what I wanted anyway.' I reevaluated my life, my goals. I felt renewed and Completely Lost. If I didn't have a thriving career, then Who Was I?

That year, David proposed to me. After seven years of togetherness, he professed his desire to wed me. To spend the rest of his life with me. I accepted. With Glee. We tied the knot on a beautiful spring day in 2009.
Days after our honeymoon, we moved to San Diego, California. After all the sparkling hoopla of the wedding calmed--the boxes undone in the living room, the silence of our new apartment loomed--I started (365) Degrees with this post.

That was two years ago. Since then, my blog chronicles our journey through a new marriage, a new move, and the subject of The Redefinition of The Self. Posts are oft-times poetic-like, filled with pictures and thoughts and sometimes rants.

Somewhere in there, I got knocked up. And my insides changed in the direction of my new little baby. My thoughts went in utero as the little guy grew. Giving birth to my son has been The Greatest Thing I've Ever Done.
I am now a stay-at-home mom. It is what I have come to see and believe as a large part of my life's purpose. Through the ups and the downs of new motherhood, I obsess about all things green and organic and non-toxic. My hubby and I try to balance our lives with the challenge of a little guy. Check out my blog for green goodness tips, pics, and the bipolar thought stream of a new mom. Watch as my true love and I try to balance our life with the little guy. And of course, you get to see the cutest baby EVER :-)!
See you soon!
Love, Darcy @ (365) Degrees


365 Degrees


Comments

J. said…
cute baby! seems like an awesome blog, too. i'll definitely be checking it out :)
Patty said…
What a sweet baby!

Congrats on being featured..your blog looks terrific!


xxxox
Patty
Fantastic feature - off to 'follow' her blog now!!=)
Amy Anderson said…
Most moms think their baby is delicious, but yours REALLY IS! Super cute!

Congrats on your feature!

http://www.alittlenosh.net
Very nice. I love the way you told your story!
Jackie said…
I like the direction you are heading and the little man who definitely has your heart. They do that, those little guys!
Sinea said…
Your baby is a little doll! You've got to just love being home with him! Enjoy every minute. It goes fast.
Unknown said…
Your baby is absolutely adorable! Congrats on being featured!
Stepanie Lotus said…
cute baby
thanks for sharing
We design these Kraft boxes according to the specifications mentioned by our customers. The Cosmetic Boxes offers a complete range of Kraft boxes. If you are looking for Kraft boxes in different colours, shapes, and sizes our company is going to help you to design those boxes.Get further details Visit us

Popular posts from this blog

New Website : come say Hi!

I think the last time we posted we said we were working on some things and left y'all hanging.....sorry! I bet you are all doing well, still blogging and I'm definitely interested in hearing from you. With so many working mama's, from home to side hustles, I decided that I would make coffee addict mama somewhat similar to FTLOB! If you're free to come check it out, comment and say HI! I'd love to pick up from where we left off. XOXO

Hello! I'm still alive. How's everyone?!

hi my lovely bloggers! how are you!? I hope you're following on twitter , so that I can re-tweet your blog posts! in the meantime, i'm working on something new......stay tuned and get ready for a nice new blog community site here! xoxo

Voting Poll is Up!

These are our nominees for March Blog of the Month! Be sure to check them all out and Vote for Your Fave! Bread and Butter Be One of a Kind Chrissy in America Positively Positive Eisy Morgan Colie Chronicles Preserving the Past A Candid Life Dirt and Lace You can nominate April's Blog starting now! Have Fun!