Featured Blog: Virginia Beach Housewife

Hey there!

I am so excited to meet some new friends. I have been stalking several home decor/DIY blogs for the last few years, including yours.  In doing so, I have attempted various projects in my first house and now this one that I probably would have never even dreamed of without the inspiration.  Being a first grade teacher and new mommy, I needed a little "me time," an adult outlet, and turned to blogging. 

My little blog, Virginia Beach Housewife, documents all of my domestic attempts.  I DIY, I decorate, I cook, I party, I craft, and I raise a baby boy.  Basically, life is busy, and my  attempts are not always pretty and certainly not proper, but I have a great time living my life and writing about it.  A few of my favorite projects so far have been:

My DIY stenciled curtains:


My mirror transformation and guest room makeover (still a work in progress):

My Diet Soda Cupcakes and Frosting


And my chalkboard calendar



I blog because I enjoy writing.  It’s my grown up escape, my way to “talk” with other adults.  Because of that, I talk about the things that excite me the most: my boys, our house, and our life.   I hope you will stop by and join me!

15 comments:

Ms. Blasé said...

I don't know about anybody else, but I'm DEFINITELY gonna try out those diet soda cupcakes!!!

Tales of a Hockey Wife said...

This is such a great blog...I have followed for a while now, and I am always so inspired when I see how creative she is! Congratulations on the feature!

Cheers!

Liz said...

Oh my lanta! I am totally loving the chalkboard calendar! You are all sorts of fun! Thanks for sharing.

Krysten @ After 'I Do' said...

LOVE the chalkboard calendar!

Cait said...

just came across your blog! It's great! you have fabulous stuff :) the chalkboard calendar is wonderful! xo

Treebytheriver said...

I really want a chalkboard calendar! Something to make in the summer holidays maybe!

Ross said...

I think the chalkboard calender is great. Really like your site and found it through FTLOB.

Maegan said...

Diet Soda Cupcakes? I'm intrigued! And I love the chalkboard calendar! You keep posting such fab ladies ... last spotlight I went straight to her etsy shop and bought something!

Maegan :)

Jenna said...

Wow, love the curtains and the transformed mirrors! Can't wait to read more!

xoxo
Jenna

citymouse said...

What a tremendous site! I'm an excited new follower!

b. lee said...

yay! I'm already a follower & so enjoy Virginia Beach Housewife * * congrats on ur feature, girl!

Slidecutter said...

Love the Chalkboard, Love the Cupcakes, Love the Curtains....can't wait to see more!

Congrats on being featured!

Patty
http://anothercookieplease.blogspot.com

Kassi @ Truly Lovely said...

She sounds like a fun creative lady! Love chalkboard paint! That calendar is fun!

Crystal said...

Love, love, love the chalkboard calendar!!

Alibis said...

WOW! Great blog! Just found you and I love it!! Can't wait to read more.

Members: Join Us

Follow by Email

Search This Blog

Google+ Followers