Skip to main content

Featured Blog: The Mean Girl Diaries

Hey friends. Welcome to another fab feature. Kick back and relax...we're going for a ride. 
I used to dislike kids, I didn't want them in my life or even behind me in the grocery line. "Solipsistic creatures." I'd mutter while passing a whiney brat at the mall. Children weren't my cup of tea, nor did my future plans include them. Everything changed after I met my husband. Imagine that. I was destined to have a child, a daughter, as mean as myself. Except with curly hair.
Hi! I'm the Mean Girl, Rachel. I love my husband, photography, reading, writing, crafting, fashion and most of all I love my two-year old daughter, the Mini Mean.

My husband Mr. Mean Girl, or MMG, is away most of the time saving the world. He was gone two hundred and eighty eight days last year. Yeah, it's like that. It frees me up for writing and reading obsessively (100 books last year) and for taking pictures of the mini mean like a crazed lunatic. I am the worst stay at home mother on the planet. Not that I am a bad mother (I'm the best!) but saying I am domestically challenged is an understatement. I despise cleaning, I burn everything I attempt to cook and I can ruin an expensive shirt in three seconds flat. Only the expensive ones, mind you. With heading a household not being one of my strong points I tend to venture to my hometown and spend time at my Mom's house while MMG is away. She doesn't have the same domesticity problems as I, so it works out rather nicely. Read: Someone cooks and cleans and does my laundry for me. 

I take a photograph of the Mini Mean every day (176 Days of Blair) while my husband is gone. This tends to be a crowd pleaser as you never know what type of face you'll get that day. Don't get me wrong, she was BORN with a Canon in her face so she works it like no other, but she is MY child, so the MEAN shines through some days more than others. 

Lets sum it up shall we? When I'm not busy being a SoCal mommy, which includes a multitude of activities that ensure that my child will dominate in any setting, I am singing karaoke in my living room, speaking to my sister using an Irish lilt, reading paranormal romances (I write book reviews, too!) and cracking "that's what she said" jokes any chance I can get. I also work out (A LOT) to keep "it" in enviable status, write poetry to keep a sharp mind and miss my husbands gourmet cooking and OCD cleaning tendencies while he's away. I'm not lying. It's freakish, and perfect. His Renaissance Man persona is the reason I'm so inept at things. I've never had to do them. How mean of him.


I may not have wanted children but someone knew what they were doing when the mini mean was placed in my arms and life. No child is loved more in this universe. Funny how things work out. 
Join us on our wild ride and watch the Mini Mean "love the camera."  

Love & light, blog stalkers.

Head over to show some Mean Love, Friends! Enjoy!

Comments

Danielle Leal said…
Her daughter is simply beautiful!
Rachel said…
I can't wipe this stupid smirk off my face. You guys rock! :)
alitalyn said…
Cutest little girl eva! Yep, that girl, is cuter than mine. I can admit it.
-Sam I Am- said…
well isn't she just a gorgeous gal!! i have trouble believing she is mean :) what a great feature!!
Dawn said…
Awe! Just precious. Not mean, precious!
Hockey Wife said…
Yay! I am so glad you were featured. I have really, really enjoyed reading your blog and I love your daily pictures of your mini-mean. Congrats on the feature!
Anonymous said…
I absolutely LOVE your description, and blog name!! Heading over to your blog now.
b. lee said…
miss Mean-Girlie & her Mini-Mean are both aaa-dor-a-ble * headin' over to check-out their spot!
Chrissy said…
What a nice feature! Will head on over!
Thanks ladies!
Shay said…
I just found this blog yesterday and LOVE IT! Such a beautiful family and great sense of humor!
Unknown said…
She sounds fabulous!!! And her little girl is adorable!!!
Rachel said…
Hey guys! I've e-mailed FTLOB, but had to change my web address. So the above links may or may not work quite yet! Here is the link to my blog:

http://themeangirldiaries.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

New Website : come say Hi!

I think the last time we posted we said we were working on some things and left y'all hanging.....sorry! I bet you are all doing well, still blogging and I'm definitely interested in hearing from you. With so many working mama's, from home to side hustles, I decided that I would make coffee addict mama somewhat similar to FTLOB! If you're free to come check it out, comment and say HI! I'd love to pick up from where we left off. XOXO

Hello! I'm still alive. How's everyone?!

hi my lovely bloggers! how are you!? I hope you're following on twitter , so that I can re-tweet your blog posts! in the meantime, i'm working on something new......stay tuned and get ready for a nice new blog community site here! xoxo

Voting Poll is Up!

These are our nominees for March Blog of the Month! Be sure to check them all out and Vote for Your Fave! Bread and Butter Be One of a Kind Chrissy in America Positively Positive Eisy Morgan Colie Chronicles Preserving the Past A Candid Life Dirt and Lace You can nominate April's Blog starting now! Have Fun!