Skip to main content

Featured Blog: TexaGermaNadian

Hello all! 
 

FTLOB Introduces:


I keep saying that our life three years ago would have made phenomenal reality TV. No script, real drama, and a better ending than Hollywood writers could have scribbled together.

I met my husband at in our apartment complex the week he moved to San Antonio. He saw me jogging my usual route and stalked me into the weight room. I jokingly told him I was 15, he recited "Old School" lines. That was all it took. We were inseparable.


I should have known that I owed him all this 'following him around the world business'. He came to visit me while I was working in Greece that summer, after only 2 months of knowing each other. I spent the rest of the summer with his family in Canada, and we moved back to San Antonio and in with each other after 6 months of dating. I think his exact words on moving in with each other were "To hell with it, let's just do it". What a romantic.


I realized right away that the hockey life is a series of ups and downs; both physically and emotionally. He was transferred to another team, in another state a week after we signed our apartment lease in Texas. But Wonder ManBoy that he is, he was determined to thrive no matter where he was. He led the league in scoring, won the championship, and we got married in Vegas three days later. The team was promised a trip to Vegas if they won, so with his coaches, teammates, and the Cup in tow, we said our vows in The Little White Chapel. And no, Elvis didn't marry us, but a Sammie Davis Jr. impersonator was our wedding photog. It was so perfect.


Reality TV gold, don't ya think?

Almost three years later, he is playing hockey in Germany and we are both making a life here for ourselves. My friends think I live a rock star lifestyle, traveling the world, seeing the sights in Europe and living out a very non 9-5 life. While I am alright with them thinking, it is quite a stretch from the truth. Day to day life becomes monotonous in any country, but we do our best to make the most out of time here and everywhere else we are.


I bitch, I complain, I am over-joyed, underwhelmed, bored, annoyed, entertained but contempt. And happy, like stupid happy.


Come have a glimpse into my sarcastic take on life in a foreign country.

Thanks for being here. Stay tuned for more great features. Enjoy the day!

Comments

Ahhhh! I feel honored. Thanks FTLOB! :) Just made my week!
Congrats on the Feature!!!!
ghsgsdbx said…
What a beautiful story! I will be following this blog for sure!
YAHOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Congrats TexaGermaNadian - what a wonderful feature. Everyone should go check her out and follow her blog, she has one hell of a personality and it shines through every post. I love checking in with her every day for a great belly laugh!
Danielle Leal said…
Congratulations TexaGermaNadian! Love the feature! It great to get to know a little about you! I love visiting other countries but I can't imagine living there! What an adventure!
I love this feature! I just started following you so I didn't really know your story...but I must say it's a modern day romance story. It's cute! I'm glad you're happy with Wonder ManBoy! Lol Congrats on the feature
Sherri said…
How cute is she?!?! Her blog is wicked awesome!! Great feature:)
Alida Sharp said…
Congrats on the feature!!
Missy said…
She is right! I think her life would make a good reality show. :)
Kim said…
Hey Girl... My husband played with yours in AZ!!! Funny how small the hockey world is. Heading over to check out your blog.
Hockey Wife said…
Yay Lindsey! Congrats on the full feature, you rock! So happy you are blogging again - I haven't laughed as hard as I did when I ready your post about deodorant in a long time! Keep it up ... and check your e-mail.
Hockey Wife said…
Open Eyes ... Who is your hubby? My husband and Lindsey's husband have played together too. What a small, small world.
I am literally tearing up reading this. Thanks so much to everyone for their beautiful comments. I can't believe I have found such wonderful people in this sometimes strange, but never boring, bloggyland. Thanks to all! (and especially to FTLOB, you guys rock!)
1grown2togo said…
I love love this~Shari new follower via GFC found you on the Welcome Wednesday Blog Hop

http://www.1grown2togo.blogspot.com
Shay said…
Loved this feature! I want to follow my husband all over the world-*jealous*
Anonymous said…
Oh my goodness, these guys are too adorable!
xx
Unknown said…
Congrats on the feature!! It does sound like your life would make good reality tv! I'd watch it! :)
Branson said…
Your feature is great! Headed to your blog now :)
ruma said…
SO Lovely your works!!

 Greetings.

 Saga, Japan.

 ruma

  http://p.tl/rOZx

Popular posts from this blog

Hello! I'm still alive. How's everyone?!

hi my lovely bloggers! how are you!? I hope you're following on twitter , so that I can re-tweet your blog posts! in the meantime, i'm working on something new......stay tuned and get ready for a nice new blog community site here! xoxo

New Website : come say Hi!

I think the last time we posted we said we were working on some things and left y'all hanging.....sorry! I bet you are all doing well, still blogging and I'm definitely interested in hearing from you. With so many working mama's, from home to side hustles, I decided that I would make coffee addict mama somewhat similar to FTLOB! If you're free to come check it out, comment and say HI! I'd love to pick up from where we left off. XOXO

Sign The Pledge

Good Afternoon Lovely Members! Over one hundred of you Signed The Pledge and We Think that is spectacular. The page is filled with amazing blog lovers who deserve to be checked out. Go to this page to read these comments on signing the pledge and know that these people take pride in their blogs- they are so deserving of your love. In an effort to keep this going and make a difference here in blog land, we are bringing the pledge to this page so the comments don't get too overwhelming. We would recommend checking everyone out who signs because they have the same goals and etiquette as we do. So as far as being true to yourselves, your blogs and your friends, we know that these are the blogs we can go to for authenticity. For those that already signed, you don't have to sign here-Now for all of you new members who have yet to sign, here it is: I solemnly swear to participate in as many hops and features here at FTLOB to grow my blogging experience but ultimately to gain a