Skip to main content

Featured Blog: Lariats and Lavender

Hello everyone!


My name is Angie, I am 21 and I live in Utah with my beautiful wife and soul mate Jen, our kitties Wedge and Mau and our cockatiel Jango! I've been posting on and loving my little blog, Lariats and Lavender, since January 1st, 2011. YES! New Years Day! What a fun day to start a blog, am I right? :D

Since this is my little introduction post, I am going to tell you a bit about myself, a bit about what I post about and a little bit about my blog as a whole. So let's get started!

I was born and raised in Chicago, IL and when I was 13 I met a wonderful girl named Jen online, on a Harry Potter forum. She and I became best friends, started a wonderful long distance relationship and even got engaged long distance when I was 16! When I turned 18, I packed up, flew out, met her face-to-face and fell even more in love. I moved in that night and we got married less than a month later! We are now going on eight years together and four married! We're together 24/7 and LOVE IT. She's seriously the most amazing part of my life and so I talk about her. A LOT!

I have a lot of hobbies and interests and well, I keep adding more. I love gaming, geekiness, being a traditional and digital artist, learning crochet, shopping, being outdoors and I am a total girly-girl. As is Jen! I love fashion, make-up, nail polish and nail art and... So much more. Some of my favorite interests include: True Blood, The Big Bang Theory, banana frappe's, Halloween/Samhain, everything new age, tarot cards, blogging (of course!), mythology, archaeology, history and science; Harry Potter, Absinthe, smoking our hookah, visiting the zoo, visiting the library, putting together outfits on Polyvore, pinning on Pinterest, photography, starting new projects and of course, meeting new friends! I am a huge fan of TV and movies, reading and writing and music, my favorite of which is COUNTRY!

I also LOVE learning and trying new things. It's so fun and exciting! My newest thing that I am trying out is crochet and I am really loving seeing my work come together.

I am unemployed, with a dream of becoming a professional artist along with having a web comic and a manga.

Oh yes, I love anime and manga and traveling. I'd LOVE to one day visit Japan, Scotland, Germany, Italy and Canada. Plus many states! Okay, okay... I think that's enough about ME for right now. ;)

As for what I blog about. Well. ALL of the above. I also love little weekly series and participate in many, while also writing my regular personal posts. Most of my blogging is fluffy, because, well... I'm a fluffy person. I really love my little life and those who I share my life with. I love talking about my day, what I wore, what I'm creating, showcasing other wonderful bloggers and hopefully to some I can be considered an inspiration. Even if it's just by showing some of my favorite pictures of the week. I also post about religion every now and then, as it's something I love and it's never offensive. I don't really believe in being offensive towards anyone - I am VERY open minded. I also post about LGBTQ issues and rights, charities I support and SO.MUCH.MORE!

As for why I started blogging, well, simply enough: I wanted friends around the world! I wanted to meet other people who had interests like mine and interests I've never heard of. I wanted to make real, true friendships. And I have and I am ALWAYS looking for more!!! I'm an honest blogger and my blog is a mix of a diary, soap box and well, I often say it's like an e-mail to a close friend. :D

Anyway... I think that's enough about ME for one day! So if you wanna know more, stop by, say HI and I promise - I'm nice!

Take care!!!
~ Angie

Comments

Jordan said…
Congrats on your feature, Ang!
Sailor July said…
THANK YOU SO MUCH! ^_^ So happy! :D
Congratulations Angie. Much deserved. :)
. said…
I am nuts over your necklace! SO cool! Do you remember where you bought it?
Patty said…
Congrats on being featured, Angie!

Great story about your happy life; stopped at where you mentioned Absinthe and smiled because I wrote a post called "The Green Fairy" recently for a FTLOB link-up.

Looking forward to reading more..have a wonderful week-end!
Gloria Haynes said…
congratulations on being featured! Have a great Saturday!
Anonymous said…
Hey, you stated in a much more direct way what I was trying to communicate, thanks, I will recommend your site to my friends.

My blog:
rachat credit marseille www.rachatdecredit.net

Popular posts from this blog

New Website : come say Hi!

I think the last time we posted we said we were working on some things and left y'all hanging.....sorry! I bet you are all doing well, still blogging and I'm definitely interested in hearing from you. With so many working mama's, from home to side hustles, I decided that I would make coffee addict mama somewhat similar to FTLOB! If you're free to come check it out, comment and say HI! I'd love to pick up from where we left off. XOXO

Sign The Pledge

Good Afternoon Lovely Members! Over one hundred of you Signed The Pledge and We Think that is spectacular. The page is filled with amazing blog lovers who deserve to be checked out. Go to this page to read these comments on signing the pledge and know that these people take pride in their blogs- they are so deserving of your love. In an effort to keep this going and make a difference here in blog land, we are bringing the pledge to this page so the comments don't get too overwhelming. We would recommend checking everyone out who signs because they have the same goals and etiquette as we do. So as far as being true to yourselves, your blogs and your friends, we know that these are the blogs we can go to for authenticity. For those that already signed, you don't have to sign here-Now for all of you new members who have yet to sign, here it is: I solemnly swear to participate in as many hops and features here at FTLOB to grow my blogging experience but ultimately to gain a

Hello! I'm still alive. How's everyone?!

hi my lovely bloggers! how are you!? I hope you're following on twitter , so that I can re-tweet your blog posts! in the meantime, i'm working on something new......stay tuned and get ready for a nice new blog community site here! xoxo