Skip to main content

Featured Blog- Go Grad Girl

Hello lovely FTLOB readers, my name is Brooke! I’m a 21-year-old jobless, recent college graduate (as of ~ 1 week ago) whose life is currently in a state of limbo. Living in my college town of Columbus, OH for the summer (68 days left, and counting), I’m trying to adjust to life after university and find a job/fellowship/service project (basically anything) that’ll allow me the financial security to stay put in Columbus and not have to go back home to the suburbs.
My blog, Go Grad Girl, documents my transition from college to the real world and everything that that entails, from dating and meeting new people to finding a big girl job and getting into graduate school. I blog about the goings-on in my life, societal issues that affect young women, things that inspire me, etc.

Being fresh out of college for about only a week, I’ve spent the past couple of days catching up on sleep and taking care of errands I’ve been putting off. Having no responsibilities has been nice, but I know that I’m going to get bored soon and I’m starting to feel the pressure of finding a job.

I currently live with my best friend, Alex, and two new subleasers who are friends of my other two roommates that just moved out and went off into the real world. It’s weird seeing my closest friends move out and new people move in to the house that has been my home for the past two years. And it’s even weirder to watch most of my other friends leave Columbus for new jobs, graduate school, to move back home, etc.
I’ll be spending my summer applying for a gazillion jobs, studying for the September GRE, and hanging out with my friends who are still in Columbus, as well as making new friends, all the while documenting everything on my blog, Go Grad Girl.
Feel free to drop by, comment, follow, etc. I love finding and reading new blogs!

- Brooke

Comments

Bri said…
I just went through this less than 4 months ago so I can appreciate what you're going through!
I'll definitely check it out...I'm a grad girl ~1 week ago myself. I so hear you! Except I'm a little older...23 instead of 21...I had some bumps along the way, I really should have actually been 20 (wtf?!) when I graduated, but life throws you curveballs. I'm going for grad school too, but I have to get a big-girl job and save up some money in between. Good luck :)
headed there to check it out now....Love finding new blogs
Anonymous said…
Found Brooke's blog a couple of weeks ago ... what an awesome feature!

Kelly @
Elegantly Academic
Unknown said…
Been there!! I graduated from grad school in December 09... Just know it will work out! Enjoy this time in your life just before the "real world" takes over! It'll never be that way again!

Popular posts from this blog

New Website : come say Hi!

I think the last time we posted we said we were working on some things and left y'all hanging.....sorry! I bet you are all doing well, still blogging and I'm definitely interested in hearing from you. With so many working mama's, from home to side hustles, I decided that I would make coffee addict mama somewhat similar to FTLOB! If you're free to come check it out, comment and say HI! I'd love to pick up from where we left off. XOXO

Hello! I'm still alive. How's everyone?!

hi my lovely bloggers! how are you!? I hope you're following on twitter , so that I can re-tweet your blog posts! in the meantime, i'm working on something new......stay tuned and get ready for a nice new blog community site here! xoxo

Voting Poll is Up!

These are our nominees for March Blog of the Month! Be sure to check them all out and Vote for Your Fave! Bread and Butter Be One of a Kind Chrissy in America Positively Positive Eisy Morgan Colie Chronicles Preserving the Past A Candid Life Dirt and Lace You can nominate April's Blog starting now! Have Fun!