Skip to main content

Featured Blog: A Life So Lovely

welcome friends. we're featuring some amazing sites, so if you have yet to be featured, head here for more details. jump in on our Fab Friends Friday and meet more great friends. today's blog goes to....


Hi! I'm Rachel


 I am a soon-to-be-college-graduate navigating the world of Law school applications and sorority functions while still trying to find the time to hang out with friends and blog. I am a Nashville girl at heart but moved to the Bluegrass State for college. The Kentucky Derby, coal mines, and UK basketball might be what you think of when you think of Kentucky, but they have only played minor parts in my time as a resident Kentuckian.

I am a sociology and anthropology major who specializes in the study of Nashville Songwriters. And yes, I do get course credit for going to writers’ nights and concerts! Right now I am making a movie about Nashville Songwriters. Right now I am also freaked out by the thought of editing film for hours. There could possibly be a connection between the two…
I have a passion for volunteer service and have served two full terms of AmeriCorps service as an undergraduate. My favorite way to serve the community is through enrichment education programs and mentoring at-risk youth. I have learned some of the greatest lessons from kids who I am supposed to be teaching.



I lived in Mexico during 2009 and miss it so much. There is no way to adequately describe the beauty of this country in words. I would love to go back as soon as possible and as many times as I can imagine. They say that if you drink water from the underground wells called Cenotes that you will yearn to return. Well, you could say that I drank deep from those wells.


I started A Life so Lovely to keep track of my thoughts, to network with other people like me (and not like me!), and because life really is lovely. It’s good to remember that sometimes.

Come stop by! I would love to meet you!!
Thank You for sharing your journey with us. Head over and make her day! 

Comments

Unknown said…
I love reading about other people's experiences living in another country...I'm hopping over to visit:)
Unknown said…
Congratulations on the feature girl!!!! :) Im on my way over to check out your blog!

Whit
Danielle Leal said…
She sounds wonderful! I am definitely going to check her out! Thanks for featuring her lovelies!
Clayton Thomas said…
Life sounds pretty exciting! Best of luck with your film making project.

Clay

http://tantrumstroublesandtreasures.blogspot.com/2011/01/handling-failure.html
Branson said…
I did two terms with americorps*vista and also wanted to study anthropology! Headed to your blog for sure ;) thanks for sharing!
Anonymous said…
Oh, those days of law school applications... i am riveted to the feature, can't wait to read the blog!

Popular posts from this blog

New Website : come say Hi!

I think the last time we posted we said we were working on some things and left y'all hanging.....sorry! I bet you are all doing well, still blogging and I'm definitely interested in hearing from you. With so many working mama's, from home to side hustles, I decided that I would make coffee addict mama somewhat similar to FTLOB! If you're free to come check it out, comment and say HI! I'd love to pick up from where we left off. XOXO

Hello! I'm still alive. How's everyone?!

hi my lovely bloggers! how are you!? I hope you're following on twitter , so that I can re-tweet your blog posts! in the meantime, i'm working on something new......stay tuned and get ready for a nice new blog community site here! xoxo

Voting Poll is Up!

These are our nominees for March Blog of the Month! Be sure to check them all out and Vote for Your Fave! Bread and Butter Be One of a Kind Chrissy in America Positively Positive Eisy Morgan Colie Chronicles Preserving the Past A Candid Life Dirt and Lace You can nominate April's Blog starting now! Have Fun!